Business life can be busy and stressful. As a business owner you’ll probably have a to-do list as long as your arm. Throw in your family and home life to the mix and it’s enough to make anyone overwhelmed. So, when you have a lot on your plate, you need a few life hacks that make the hardest of jobs that little bit easier. Here are some you can rely on when it comes to your business.
Learn from Others
If someone has gone and done it before you, you have the perfect template to work from. You’ll be able to view what has worked and what hasn’t. Therefore, you’ll be able to easily predict what will work for you. Monitoring other businesses in the same industry as you isn’t being nosey and you aren’t stealing ideas. Competition is healthy in business. If you see someone in the same industry as you try out a new idea that fails, you know not to use that idea or you’ll have to change it to achieve success.
Your customers are more likely to spend money on your business when they feel valued. Treating them like VIP’s is one step further. For example, my mother always shops at the same store because they provide her with VIP access to their sales online. VIP customers get first dibs at the items on sale before other customers. VIP customers are customers that have signed up to the stores emails, as opposed to customers who haven’t. Having exclusive access to something makes customers feel like they’re special. If you can make your customers feel special, they’re sure to continue shopping.
Replace the Old with the New
Many businesses are still working in the traditional sense. They’re planning staff rotas with a paper and pen, they’re using an accountant to make employee payments and storing invoices in the filing cabinet. There are so many online systems that could help you to save time and money. IPS offers a fast and efficient way for businesses to settle invoices and pay employees. If you have a system that’s fuss free, you won’t have to worry about getting it right.
Music can actually aid productivity. Covering the sounds of printers, copiers and typing with classical music (or whatever you prefer) has been known to boost the speed at which employees work. You’d be forgiven for thinking it could be a distraction, but when used, it’s often the opposite. Music can lift spirits and a happy worker is a productive worker.
Use Selling Sites
Did you know you can advertise your business on selling sites? Sites like eBay, Amazon, Craigslist and more will allow you to ‘sell’ your business for free. For example, if you’re hiring out a candy cart for wedding events, you can create an advert detailing your services. These sites are visited by thousands of people every day and you don’t need to take a chunk out of your marketing budget to reach them.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |