Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
If you’ve had a genius business idea, the chances are that you want to rush out and get started. We’re all impatient when it comes to things we’re excited by. But, rushing out before you’re ready isn’t always best. This is especially true when it comes to business. If you pursue your idea before you’re ready, you stand to lose money, time, and your idea. Plus, other people in the field will fail to take you seriously this way. Instead, it’s important to do a little legwork. This is particularly the case if your idea is in a field you have no experience with. Instead of rushing in, set aside some time to work in that area. Experience is valuable for a variety of reasons. We’re going to look at a few of them.
The know how
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
It would be arrogant to assume you can rush into a whole new career and make a success of things. That’s not how it works. Let’s be honest; starting a business is difficult enough in the first place. Don’t make the job harder by having no idea what you’re doing. Gaining experience in your field will provide you with all the knowledge you need. And, if you do it right, this needn’t take up a great deal of your time. Many office-based businesses provide internships or short work experience slots. Make the most of these, and absorb all the information you can during your time there. If your idea is in education, you could opt for some temporary teaching jobs to see you through, instead. As well as giving you experience, opportunities like these will help you decide whether you’re willing to take the plunge. You may find, once you get started, that you aren’t comfortable in the field after all. And that’s fine!
No one can effectively run a business without the right contacts. Who you know will make all the difference to how well you do. So, use your time in the field to learn the right names. If you perform well, you’re sure to catch the eyes of people who matter. In turn, these people are more likely to want to work with you later down the line. Without compromising your position, use your experience as a chance to reach out to people who matter. Be sure to act professional, and keep your future business out of the equation for now. There will be plenty of time for that later!
And, of course, experience also gains you respect. In many ways, experience in your chosen area is more important than having the right qualifications. You need people to put their trust in you. And, why should they put their trust in someone who, for the most part, has no idea what they’re doing? You’d be surprised how much your list of credentials still matters when you work for yourself. Having the experience to fall back on is the best way to get yourself those business deals.
Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials