Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Credit score is misunderstood by many, and underestimated by even more. If you want a mortgage, a car or even a phone contract, your financial history will have to be nigh-on perfect.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
It’s this history that lenders, companies and banks will look at to decide whether you’ll be eligible for their cash. If you have a proven history of paying off debts, credit and loans, you’ll be in a much better position going forward.
If your history is less than desirable, however, your circumstances will certainly reflect this. You may struggle to find a lender for any kind of product, from houses to apartments to cars. It’ll be hard for you to get a loan to pay off any debts, and these debts can start to pile up. If you’re reading this and are young, or have just started borrowing, make sure you pay back on time. You’ll thank yourself in the future.
If you’re looking for some advice on how to get good credit, there are numerous sources you can use. This article will run down some of the benefits, some reasons why a good score is worth seeking out. It could be the deciding factor in many of life’s financial decisions – so take the time to brush up!
| A better car insurance rate |
Car insurance, especially for new drivers, is incredibly expensive. It’s one of the reasons why our youngsters aren’t bothering with a car, or driving in general. Aside from being a first-time driver, another reason why your insurance price can skyrocket is due to a poor credit history.
To car insurance providers, those people with bad credit are a risky investment. They are the people who are more likely to crash their car into a tree, or otherwise damage their vehicle. Thus, they’ll charge you more for insurance and you’ll be a victim of a poor credit score.
| More likely to be approved for a mortgage |
Obtaining a mortgage is among the most difficult of financial endeavors. House prices have skyrocketed, wages have frozen and lenders are becoming more and more careful. Fifteen years ago, people were approved for mortgages left, right and centre. Getting a mortgage was much more simple, and as such, anyone could get one. This led to a lot of people being unable to keep up with payments, and banks becoming less lenient.
So, nowadays, it’s a lot more difficult. If you don’t have a good credit score or one massive down payment, you aren’t moving to that new home. And given how hard it can be to save up those large amounts of cash, this may not be an option. Unless your financial history is impeccable, you likely aren’t getting approved at all.
| More negotiating power in financial agreements |
A better credit score gives you more negotiating power to leverage a lower interest rate. A better credit score means that you will get more offers from lenders, and you can use these to your advantage.
Let’s say Bank A offers you a 4% interest rate, and bank B offers you 3%. These offers are a result of your good financial history, and wouldn’t have been given to you without it. You now have the power to go to Bank A and tell them about the better offer you received from their competitor. This can result in you gaining an even lower rate than was originally offered, which will help you greatly in the long run.
However, if your history isn’t great, you won’t be able to sway lenders one way or the other. The terms they give you will be the terms that are set in stone, and you’ll ultimately be at the mercy of the lender.
| Get approved for business loans to begin your start-up |
Our economy is relying on business owners. They create more jobs, helping to curb unemployment rates, and pump money back into our industries. New businesses, in countries around the world, are thriving, but without a good credit score this wouldn’t be true.
Because businesses are such risky endeavors, a perfect credit score is required. You could borrow that money, only to go bust and bankrupt within a year. As such, you need to look as appealing to lenders as humanly possible, and your credit score is a factor in that.
These four benefits, among others, are just a few reasons why a good credit score should be high on your list of priorities. Of course, some aspects of your financials are out of your control. You might not be able to make that mortgage payment that month, and you might not be able to afford your phone bill.
All you can do is put yourself in the best situation possible, and hope for the best. Some lenders, like ones found online, can be more lenient, but this isn’t a surefire bet. At the end of the day, there are no guarantees you will get approved for anything!
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials