Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Business trips are stressful. They often involve presentations, conversing with high-end clients or people who rank higher than you in the business. It’s all very high pressure. You don’t need any extra worries on top of the inevitable. So make sure that you’re completely organized and prepared before stepping out of the door. Here are a few things to consider.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
You might be able to make it to the destination by car or coach. But if there’s a flight available, always opt for the flight. You will get there in less time, which leaves more time for you to prep properly. You will also arrive fresher faced and in a much better mood than if you’ve just spent ten hours on a coach with a wailing child and an awkward neighbor who doesn’t take the hint that you don’t want a conversation.
Check whether there are any VISA requirements for your destination. These will need to be applied for well in advance, so make sure that you know what you need and apply earlier than necessary.
You’re going to need somewhere to stay. If you know that you have a big business conference, meeting or interview coming up, make sure to book a place to stay somewhere well in advance. We’d advise a high-end hotel, such as Hong Kong north point hotel. Why? Well, if you find yourself having an engaging conversation with clients or colleagues, hours can pass. When places start to close, a good quality hotel will always have a nice bar open where you can continue your talk. Make sure that the hotel you book can also accommodate your needs when it comes to checking in and checking out. If your flight is going to be getting you to your destination at an inconvenient hour, you don’t want to be waiting around until mid-afternoon to check in. Also, make sure that they have a baggage storage facility if you need to make appointments after your check out.
Make sure you pack absolutely everything necessary. Laptops, notes, handouts, important documents, reservation details. Whatever you could need for the business side of your trip: check, double check and triple check that it is packed safely in your case before you leave your home. Don’t miss little things like phone chargers, laptop chargers, and identification. Take an extra change of clothes, just in case you end up with accidental stains or spills on your outfit of choice.
If your trip is taking place in a country with a different national language to your native language, make sure to brush up on the basics of the foreign language. This will be invaluable once you arrive at your destination. Not only does it show a mark of respect for the local culture, but it can come in handy when trying to find directions and politely thank people who help you. Also, bear in mind local customs. Make sure you know the local etiquette, so as not to offend anyone and to act appropriately and respectfully.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Course challenge to earn an extra $5000 in 3 weeks http://www.5kin21days.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- Auto-post your Instagram posts with Tailwind http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Software to create your own (paid) course or membership site for free http://www.teachable.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- Boardbooster – Pinterest scheduling software to loop my current pins http://www.boardbooster.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- Ready to use Media Kit Templates for bloggers http://www.hipmediakits.com
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft's cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
- Easy design tool to create your own designs, custom pins etc. http://www.picmonkey.com
- VPN to protect your internet surfing when using public wifi http://www.nordvpn.com
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials