Apps are a massive thing in the modern business world. But, what are they and how do they benefit your business? We’ve split apps up into two different sections; mobile apps and web apps. Take a look at each one to see what they are and how they improve your company:
In the last few years, there’s been a real growth in the mobile app industry. A mobile app is an application that’s been specifically developed for us on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. They have so many uses, but businesses mainly use them to get closer to their customers. If a customer downloads your mobile app, then you’re essentially in their pocket. A mobile app can send push notifications to the user so they can see your latest offers or news. It enables a business to provide information without the user having to go look for it.
There are so many different app types out there today. You have games, informational apps, and even mobile shopping apps. The type of app you develop depends on the type of business you run. For example, let’s say you own a restaurant business. You could develop an app where people can log in and order their food via the app or book a table. If you own a retail business, then an app can be used for people to browse and buy your products.
Mobile apps are very useful as they get your business closer to customers and provide functions that benefit them.
The simplest definition of a web app is that it’s an application that’s built on a website. But, what does this actually mean? Essentially, with web app development, you can create a more dynamic website for your business. Instead of developing a site using a site building platform, you create one from scratch using different software. The benefit of this is that you can create a much more user-friendly experience and also seamlessly optimise your site for mobile devices too.
There are so many different types of web app out there, with the most common being online banking apps and e-commerce sites. From a business perspective, you’ll probably be more interested in e-commerce sites. With an e-commerce web app, you can create the perfect online store for all your customers to use. You can create a completely unique design that reflects your brand and appeals to your target audience. There’s far more freedom with a web app over a traditional website that’s used as an online store. Plus, you can have a standard website with a ‘shop’ section too. Your normal business site functions as you would expect, but people click on the shop section, and you can have a web app there for them to browse through your products.
In general, web apps are just a much better way of running a website if you sell products online. They’ll impress your customers, keep them engaged, and can even help drive sales up.
Both types of app are essential for modern business success. They’re built around providing a better customer experience, and mobile apps, in particular, can improve your reputation. Consider developing them if you want to grow your business.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |