Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Is public relations something for party girls and big companies? Wrong, you don’t have to be some sort of it-girl or media genius to enter the world of PR. Especially bloggers, startups and small businesses can use PR to grow their biz and brand fast! 6 reasons why public relations are important:
1. You’re visible. Very visible
You’re not only visible for the readers, but Big Brother aka Google is also watching along. When they see your name or website is mentioned on the website of the magazine, newspaper of the blog – it will rank you higher. Double win! Because we all know how important it is to show up on the first page!
Check out my Crash Course PR & Free Publicity
2. To boost authority in your niche
PR is the best way to communicate to the public what your brand + biz is all about. This is harder to show on social media – even if you have a clear strategy. Telling your story in the media will boost your authority in your niche, you’ll become the go-to person. And bonus, this attracts new media opportunities!
Extra tools to boost authority and grow your business:
- Automate your PR with this strategy (using this surprising tool!)
- Tailwind to easily reach millions of people on Pinterest with this strategy (yes really millions, even if you have a small audience)
- Boardbooster to automatically loop your Pins to attract more readers to your website with this strategy
- Schedule your visual PR with my favorite tool
- Create beautiful PR visuals online (in the cloud!)
3. It’s free!
Okay okay, it does take a good few hours to build relationships and find how it all works, but it’s worth the investment! And yep, social media is free too, but social media is suuuper temporary, how soon will a tweet out of somebody’s timeline? And how lucky do you have to be to show up in somebody’s Facebook feed? If you’re visible in a magazine or featured on a blog, you’re here to stay. Sure people can skip that article, but if you’re featured in a monthly magazine, you’re there all month. No matter how many new magazines are stocked in the shop, you have a fixed place on the page!
4. Generates leads = more sales
If you’re featured in the media, you’re out there. You reach new possible targets, you connect with your audience on a new level, your business establishes credibility and shows people they should get X at yours, instead of your competitor.
Other tools to use to generate more sales
5. People will believe you
People are more likely to believe your story if they read it in an establishes newspaper than on your website. Because it’s somebody else telling them you’re amazing. In combination with an interview or quote, this is really powerful! You’ll build credibility overnight!
Check out my press page here!
6. It will grow your biz overnight
If you’ve ever been published you know how it helps grow your biz. You’ll find yourself from one day to another with a couple of thousands of new followers. People who’re really curious about you, they wanna know everything about you. They followed you after reading about you. So they are potential customers, fans, lovers. Key is: keep them interested! How you do this? Get more media mentions and don’t forget to share your wins.. (scan articles and post to Facebook, tweet links).
Want to read more about PR and free publicity? Check out:
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials