So, as you might know, I’m currently in Melbourne, Australia. It’s is definitely one of my favorite cities ever, there’s so much to do and to discover.. it never ends. I come across so many REALLY AWESOME and UNIQUE bars, that it’s definitely time for an update…
Here are a few bars I recently discovered
The Croft Institute
This bar in the middle of China Town (on Croft street) is a cocktail bar inspired by an old school science lab. The ground floor has a massive collection of all manner of curious glassware. The 1st level houses the departments of Male and Female hygiene (aka the loo’s) while the 2nd floor Gymnasium complete with real turf bar (you can sometimes catch the staff giving it a trim), opens on the weekends where the DJ’s spin and the dance floor grooves. Really cool!
Okay, let me tell you, cocktails in the form of bubble tea (I’m not talking about Virgin cocktails here btw) and you’re in right? It’s a small little cafe that plays old school hiphop in a very hip street in the middle of (again) China town, and definitely worth the visit. The cocktails were $15, but SO worth it.
The Asian Beer Cafe
Okay, I must admit, I’ve been here more than I should be. This is the place to be if you want cheap drinks and considerably good cocktails (in jugs) for the cheapest price possible. Everyday (!) from 4 – 8 it’s happy hour at this place. Read: $10 beer jugs, and on Thursdays free sparkling wine (read: Prosecco) for girls. Yep, that’s right. We didn’t knew that before we went, but when we were there, we heard about it. And yes, the prosecco was actually okay-ish (and 100% free). Cocktails jugs are $20 (always) and great pizzas only $5. See how this place is winning? I didn’t even mention the rooftop terrace…
People start dancing inside at about 8 because after happy hour everybody’s in a very good mood! Don’t let the location fool you, it’s on the top floor of a mall, and although that kinda feels weird, it’s the best place for pre-drinks! Just make sure you check out their dress code, it’s not allowed to wear thongs (flip flops) and my friend seriously got denied access.
The Rooftop Cinema
The Rooftop Cinema is a Melbourne classic. It doesn’t have the best views, there are higher rooftop bars, but the cinema makes it the best! During the movie it’s not allowed to speak loudly near the bar area, so it’s bests to go downstairs and enjoy the bar, which serves perfect cocktails.
One of my favorites saved for last, Madame Brussels is a lovely ‘garden party’ themed rooftop bar. Funky hipster crowd, great vibe and great cocktails! Jugs are ≠$35, which makes it a pretty ‘expensive’ place compared to let’s say the Asian Beer Cafe, but they can pull it off because the vibe is awesome! Definitely, check this one out if you’re in Melbourne!
If you want to see everything I do, a great behind the scenes of full time traveling and the exploring I do, support my work on Patreon. You’ll receive monthly photo diaries, vlogs, and postcards in return!
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |