Life gets pretty busy sometimes, and it can be hard to stay organised. Is that important meeting today or tomorrow? Do the kids have everything they need for school? Am I drinking enough water? There’s so much pressure on women to do it all these days, but we should be thankful for that. Never before has it been more possible for a woman to reach her career goals, while doing everything else at the same time. Women are powerful and motivated, but we all need a little helping hand every now and again. Here are some items that business women shouldn’t do without.
Business Card Holder
There’s a business opportunity around every corner. Every business owner has missed an opportunity at one time or another because they weren’t properly prepared. Carrying your business cards in a holder in your handbag not only makes it convenient but it also looks professional should you need to take one out. You may also want to carry a separate one for accepting business cards from other people.
A Good Accountant
If you’re doing your own taxes, stop now. You have more important things to concentrate on if you’re running a business or working your way up the career ladder. There’s also the risk that you’ll make a mistake on how much you’re meant to pay. Overpay and you’re in the clear, but underpay and you could face severe punishment. A tax attorney will be able to provide you with the advice you need if you ever face a difficult situation with your taxes.
Even if you have a personal assistant, there’ll still be times when you need to remember details or contacts. Whether you use a digital organiser or an old-fashioned pen and paper, being able to store important details that you can get to easily is a must have for all business women. Organisers will come for free on smart phones, tablets or laptops, but there’s something about being able to write things down that feels professional.
Confidence Boosting Outfit
Women feel more confident in front of people when they know they look their best. If you’re determined to take the business world by storm, get yourself a go-to outfit that will boost your confidence. There’s no better feeling than sealing a deal while dressed to impress. Why not try a tailored suit?
An Emergency Kit
As a business woman, it’s likely that you spend your days in front of many people, and some of those people may look to you for inspiration. So, if you’re caught in torrential rain on your way to the office or it’s a hot day and there’s nothing you can do to stop yourself from sweating, you’ll need your own personal survival pack. Include items like essential make-up, hair clips and grips, wet wipes and deodorant. That way, you’ll never have to face a crowd feeling embarrassed about how you look.
The key to surviving the business world is the skill to be able to see what’s around the corner and get prepared for it.
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |