Let's connect, follow me here:Follow @nnonimay Pinterest Contact NM
*This post may contain affiliate links.
And don't forget to share this post down below!
Any decent business owner should be aware that their employees are central to their ongoing success. But keeping employees happy at all times is something that can often seem like an impossible task. The fact is, it can be extremely difficult to build the kind of environment that everyone will find encouraging and fruitful. But as long as you bear some basics in mind, you should find that it is surprisingly straightforward to make the right changes. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the things to know before you try to improve your employees’ satisfaction levels.
If you like reading this article, you might also like:
- – How to use Teachable for free to host your online course, membership site or more
- – Making money with affiliate marketing (as a blogger or without a blog!)
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+ and which one is better (and free?!)
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- – Boardbooster vs Tailwind + 3 more tools to schedule and automate your Pinterest
- – A breakdown, the real costs of running a successful business and blog
Rhyme & Reason
Above all, you will probably find that your employees need to have a good reason for doing what they do. If they feel as though they are not being given enough of a reason to do their jobs, then there is every chance that they will not feel satisfied as they work. It is also highly likely that the quality of their work will suffer as a result of this. For each task that you assign to someone, be sure to explain fully why it is necessary, and why it is that that person needs to do it specifically. On a more general level, you should remember to use annual and periodic performance meetings to discuss the overall, broader sense of why they do their job. Make it known why they are important to the company, and they will work twice as hard.
Positive Working Atmosphere
We all want to work in an environment which has a decent atmosphere. This usually means that it is somewhere where we don’t feel pressured into anything, and that there is a good feeling about the interactions between ourselves and everyone else. Developing such an atmosphere in an office or other workplace can be quite tricky, however, and it can take time. For a positive working atmosphere, you mostly need to actively hold off the development of a hostile work environment, by whatever reasonable means necessary. You should also go out of your way to encourage people to be more polite, encouraging and compassionate. This will ensure that you really get the best out of everyone.
Reward & Punishment
Most people would agree that it is useful to have some kind of reward system in place. You need to be able to encourage your employees to do the best work they can, and really the only way to do that is to make sure there is a strong reward system in place. Here, it is vital that it is as regular and regulated as possible, so that everyone gets the same treatment. If there is even a little bias or unfairness, then you will find that people do not respond to that quite so well. The same holds for punishment, however. You need to find ways to ensure that people know when they have done something inappropriate – and they need to hold true for all of your employees.Thanks for reading! ? If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials