Any decent business owner should be aware that their employees are central to their ongoing success. But keeping employees happy at all times is something that can often seem like an impossible task. The fact is, it can be extremely difficult to build the kind of environment that everyone will find encouraging and fruitful. But as long as you bear some basics in mind, you should find that it is surprisingly straightforward to make the right changes. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the things to know before you try to improve your employees’ satisfaction levels.
Rhyme & Reason
Above all, you will probably find that your employees need to have a good reason for doing what they do. If they feel as though they are not being given enough of a reason to do their jobs, then there is every chance that they will not feel satisfied as they work. It is also highly likely that the quality of their work will suffer as a result of this. For each task that you assign to someone, be sure to explain fully why it is necessary, and why it is that that person needs to do it specifically. On a more general level, you should remember to use annual and periodic performance meetings to discuss the overall, broader sense of why they do their job. Make it known why they are important to the company, and they will work twice as hard.
Positive Working Atmosphere
We all want to work in an environment which has a decent atmosphere. This usually means that it is somewhere where we don’t feel pressured into anything, and that there is a good feeling about the interactions between ourselves and everyone else. Developing such an atmosphere in an office or other workplace can be quite tricky, however, and it can take time. For a positive working atmosphere, you mostly need to actively hold off the development of a hostile work environment, by whatever reasonable means necessary. You should also go out of your way to encourage people to be more polite, encouraging and compassionate. This will ensure that you really get the best out of everyone.
Reward & Punishment
Most people would agree that it is useful to have some kind of reward system in place. You need to be able to encourage your employees to do the best work they can, and really the only way to do that is to make sure there is a strong reward system in place. Here, it is vital that it is as regular and regulated as possible, so that everyone gets the same treatment. If there is even a little bias or unfairness, then you will find that people do not respond to that quite so well. The same holds for punishment, however. You need to find ways to ensure that people know when they have done something inappropriate – and they need to hold true for all of your employees.Thanks for reading! 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button on any image.
And say hello on Instagram or Snapchat
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE
Follow me & my blog:
Visit noni's profile on Pinterest.
Shop my current favorites:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Courses on free publicity and growing your biz and blog:
Most useful blog posts to grow your biz + blog
- The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog – networks, plugins, software, tools and hosting
- 10 Tiny service investments for your biz + blog that will help you grow massively (max $35)
- The ultimate guide to doing your own PR
- Automatically schedule your Pinterest pins with these 5 tools
- My top 7 automations that will help you get more done in less time
- Time-saving tips for busy entrepreneurs
- Why using Convertkit is the only way to grow your blog income in 2016
- How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy
- 7 reasons why your PR efforts + strategy shouldn’t cost you money (+ FREE PR Checklist)
- 6 reasons why public relations are important (+ You should start PR ASAP)
- What is Leadpages + 5 ways to grow your blog or biz with it
- A list of 50+ recommended paid blogger networks to join
- Travellers life = why money matters and how to make more by clearing your money blocks (+ an introduction to my money coach)
- 7+ websites that will pay you for your photography
- Sell your clutter for cash: 10 best places to make money online
- The best online privacy tools for staying secure while traveling (and at home!)
- Travel apps every world traveller needs
- Latte & laptops –my favourite 5 work places with free wifi around the world
- Use these 9 Habits of highly productive people to stay productive while travelling
- My carry-on long-haul flight essentials
Most useful blog posts about money and building a passive income
| Travel Advice & Digital Nomad lifestyle |